1. In what year did the first American Thanksgiving celebration take place?
A. 1900 B. 1492 C. 1621 D. 1776
Correct answer: C 1621
2. Where was the first American Thanksgiving celebration held?
A. Plymouth, Massachusetts B. New York, New York C. Jamestown, Virginia D. Boston, Massachusetts
Correct answer: A Plymouth, Massachusetts
3. How many Pilgrims were on board the Mayflower?
A. 89 B. 102 C. 185 D. 219
Correct answer: B (it is believed to be 102)
4. The Native Americans who were invited to the first Thanksgiving feast belonged to the Wampanoag tribe. Who was the chief of this tribe?
A. Squanto B. Samoset C. Cheyenne D. Massasoit
Correct answer: D Massasoit
5. How long did the first Thanksgiving celebration last?
A. One day B. One week C. Three days D. Four days
Correct answer: C Three days (the celebration consisted of games as well as food)
6. Which of the following were considered acceptable table manners at the First Thanksgiving?
A. To spit on the ground B. To throw bones into the hearth C. To eat with your hands D. All of the above
Correct answer: D All of the above
7. Which drink was brought along in the Mayflower?
A. Wine B. Beer C. Piña Coladas D. Soda
Correct answer: B Beer
8. In 1621, which of the following foods was probably not served?
A. Pumpkin pie B. Yams C. Vegetables D. Corn
Correct answer: A Pumpkin pie (they did not have ovens yet to bake pies)
9. In 1863, this person encouraged Abraham Lincoln to set aside the last Thursday in November as a “day for national thanksgiving and prayer.”
A. Martha Hale B. Betsy Ross C. Sarah Josepha Hale D. Sarah Lee
Correct answer: C Sarah Josepha Hale
10. What does the term “Cornucopia” mean?
A. Corn husks B. Horn of plenty C. A Greek god D. A traditional corn dish
Correct answer: B Horn of plenty
11.True or False: Thanksgiving is only celebrated in the United States.
False: Canada also celebrates a Thanksgiving Day.
12. Approximately how many feathers does a mature turkey have?
A. 500 B. 1,000 C. 3,500 D. 4,000
Correct answer: C 3,500 feathers
13. Which state produces the most turkeys annually?
A. Alabama B. North Carolina C. Missouri D. Arkansas
Correct answer: B North Carolina
14. Approximately what percentage of American homes eats turkey on Thanksgiving?
A. 90% B. 75% C. 50% D. 30%
Correct answer: A 90%
15. In English, turkeys say “gobble gobble.” What do turkeys say in Portuguese?
A. Cluck Cluck B. Groo Groo C. Gluglugluglu D. Krull Krull
Correct answer: C Gluglugluglu
16. Where was the turkey first domesticated?
A. Brazil B. Mexico and Central America C. Asia D. China
Correct answer: B Mexico and Central America
17. The Greek goddess of corn is:
A. Ceres B. Cornucopia C. Demeter D. Grainoph
Correct answer: C Demeter
18. How fast can wild turkeys run?
A. 15 mph B. 55 mph C. 5 mph D. 25 mph
Correct answer: D 25 mph
19. Which country consumes the most turkey per year per capita?
A. United States B. Israel C. Mexico D. Germany
Correct answer: B Israel
Moneycorp is a trading name of TTT Moneycorp Limited. The company was established in 1962 and has been dealing in currency exchange since 1979. Since that time, we have been providing our clients with an exceptional level of service – as well as value for money. Last year alone we traded more than $18billion in currencies.
Moneycorp Inc. was established in Florida in 2004 to provide local support and assistance to our partners and clients in the United States. Our local team of experts are available to help with any questions you may have.
TTT Moneycorp Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the provision of payment services.